[vtkusers] connecting points with lines

Greg Book gbook at gbook.org
Mon Jul 20 14:35:45 EDT 2009

I'm creating a 3D tracing application in which the user selects points and
then draws lines between points. I'm able to create points by clicking and
the program creates a new point/cell/polydata/actor for each point.
(updating a single vtkPolyData doesn't work; no new points are displayed).
Now I'm wondering how I can pick the points and connect them with a line.
I'd like to be able to connect two consecutive points (points A & B) with a
line after point B is clicked. Then create a line between subsequent clicks.
What is the best way to do this? I've looked at the vtkImageTracerWidget,
but that's not really what I'm looking for.

-Greg