[vtkusers] 'live' 2D plot : feasible ?

Gerrick Bivins gbivins at objectreservoir.com
Thu Jul 16 10:34:34 EDT 2009

Hi Guillaume,
I've successfully (for the most part) used XYPlot similar to the the way
you've described. I use a spline widget to update a the chart while probing
a 3d a dataset. The hard part is making sure the spline probe output stays
synced with the xyplot. This involved setting up the callbacks for the
widget so that any interaction with it constantly updated the filter. Also I
had to make sure the probe output had enough "valid points" to display a
sensible chart. This issue dealt mainly with my dataset being a vtkComposite
dataset so if your data is a vtkDataSet (or subclass of) then you should be
good to go.

Gerrick