[vtkusers] Xvfb Tests

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Mon Jul 13 16:44:04 EDT 2009

I run the nightly tests on murron with Xvfb.

This has worked for a long time.

This weekend I "upgraded" to fedora 11 and the Xvfb server dies before
all of the tests are done.

The output from Xvfb is the same for hundreds of lines and then :

(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed (2)
(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed (2)
(EE) config/hal: couldn't watch all properties: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.LimitsExceeded (Connection ":1.105" is not allowed to add more match rules (increase limits in configuration file if required))
process 12028: arguments to dbus_move_error() were incorrect, assertion "(dest) == NULL || !dbus_error_is_set ((dest))" failed in file dbus-errors.c line 278.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
  D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace

And then the rest of the tests fail because they can't get to the
display.

Brad I'm e-mailing you directly because googling for Xvfb and dbus has
your debian bug #494167 right at the top.

Did you ever find a solution?