[vtkusers] union of vtkActors

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Wed Jul 8 10:17:57 EDT 2009

Hello,

It may help if you clarify what you want to do with this union of
actors. I don't think you can directly do the Actor1 + Actor2 = Actor3
thing you're implying.

You can create a vtkActorCollection to gather actors and pass them
around as one object. Depending on the type of data you have, you
could also use the vtkAppendFilter, or vtkAppendPolyData to group your
data into a single grid before creating a single mapper and actor.

Maybe someone else knows some other tricks,
-Eric

Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group