[vtkusers] how to store label fields

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Thu Jul 2 08:12:54 EDT 2009

I just checked that PV from CVS addresses exactly this issue, so I am
apparently not alone in my considerations. PV 3.4 will load a label
field and interpolate the colors when viewing slices (thus destroying
the image). PV CVS ignores interpolation settings and displays my labels
correctly (without interpolation). So I assume somebody realized the
problem recently too and corrected it. So I conclude that ImageData is
still the right choice for discrete label fields (and not
StructuredGrid), but one has to rely on the latest version. Please
correct me if I am wrong.

-- Dominik