[vtkusers] Problem displaying actors with large coordinates values ?

L.J. van Ruijven L.J.vanRuijven at amc.uva.nl
Thu Jul 2 03:41:18 EDT 2009

Hi P,

I am not 100% convinced that the problem is caused by OpenGL. VTK also has functions that are numerically not optimal. For instance I have rewritten vtkTriangle::IntersectWithLine(...) because its result can be very inaccurate. In general you can decrease numerical errors by moving the centroid of the dataset to the origin, and/or scaling the dataset such that X,Y, and Z have ranges from -1 to 1. But the best solution remains of course rewriting all numerically unstable functions :-).

Good luck,
Leo