[vtkusers] how to store label fields

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Wed Jul 1 12:07:53 EDT 2009

When storing my label field as imagedata I get unwanted interpolation if
I e.g. cut through the volume. Switching the interpolation off results
in funny bad looking triangles. What's the best/intended/practiced way
of storing (integer) label fields? Image data is point centered while
label fields are clearly cell centered. As I see the only alternative is
StructuredGrid, but functions like contouring or resampling require
point data anyway. So what's better: store my labels as image (point)
data and compromise display (unwanted interpolation) or go for
structured grid and compromise size of the file and needed conversions
to image data anyway?

-- Dominik