[vtkusers] vtk cvs compiling error

Fabio Meneghini fab.meneghini at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 06:44:11 EST 2009

Hi,
I'm trying to compile the most recent  VTK-CVS, with linux 32 bit.
(vtk-5.2.1 is already correctly installed, but I want the CVS version
to get the VTKEdge working...).
The Cmake step works properly, but in the end of the compilation, at
99% there is an error:

/home/fabio/VTK/Infovis/Testing/Cxx/TestDescriptiveStatistics.cxx: In
function 'int TestDescriptiveStatistics(int, char**)':
/home/fabio/VTK/Infovis/Testing/Cxx/TestDescriptiveStatistics.cxx:386:
error: name lookup of 'r' changed for new ISO 'for' scoping
/home/fabio/VTK/Infovis/Testing/Cxx/TestDescriptiveStatistics.cxx:164:
error:   using obsolete binding at 'r'
make[2]: *** [Infovis/Testing/Cxx/CMakeFiles/InfovisCxxTests.dir/TestDescriptiveStatistics.o]
Error 1
make[1]: *** [Infovis/Testing/Cxx/CMakeFiles/InfovisCxxTests.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any suggestion? Please help, I really need to get VTKEdge working on
my machine....
Thanks,
Fabio