[vtkusers] multiple Maximum Intensity Projection (volume rendering)

Stéphane CALANDE scalande at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 05:04:20 EST 2009

Thanks Kevin,

There is a last think I want to know.

I'd like to generate a MIP without displaying it on the screen.
I mean : I just want to save the MIP as a file " ***.png ", without
displaying it, in order to accelerate the process.

After that, I will display all the png files and it will look like a volume
which revloves on himself, you see?

Is it possible to do that ?

I've tried "->SetOffScreenRendering( 1 );" but it didn't work.

There is an other reason why I want to do that. When I use
"vtkWindowToImageFilter", I can't minimize the window... otherwise the
printscreens don't contain the MIP rendering but a part of my computer
desktop... Not really practice because I always must keep the vtk window on
top (for a couple a minutes).

Thank you again for your help Kevin,

Best regards,

Stéphane