[vtkusers] problem in estimating the curvature

Arnaud Gelas arnaud_gelas at hms.harvard.edu
Mon Jan 26 10:27:22 EST 2009

Hi Martine,

vtkCurvatures processes vtkPolyData. Thus, if you want to compute
Gaussian curvature, you have to extract one surface from your image
(e.g. by using a Marching Cubes).

Note that you can now directly compute the Gaussian curvature of a given
surface in itk by using
itk::QuadEdgeMeshDiscreteGaussianCurvatureEstimator. The way to estimate
the Gaussian curvature is less sensitive to the connectivity than the
vtk version.

http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1QuadEdgeMeshDiscreteGaussianCurvatureEstimator.html

Arnaud