[vtkusers] Problem reading a vtk-file with vtkStructuredGridReader

Thomas Obenaus thomaso at eas.iis.fraunhofer.de
Fri Jan 23 04:55:15 EST 2009

Hello,

I thought your suggestion has solved the problem. Unfortunately that was
wrong since 8.3 filenames are only supported by the FAT-filesystem. For NTFS
there is an option to deactivate this feature. So its not possible to
guarantee a full windows-support with this approach. Additionally that
solution won't work on unix-platforms. Since my application should work
under unix and windows I have only the possibility to warn the users to not
use the German "umlaute (ö,ü,ä)" within the whole path to the vtk-file they
want to display. And that is a unsatisfying solution form me.

Has anyone another idea to solve this problem? Is it planned to add full
unicode-support to vtk?

Thomas.