[vtkusers] Newbie Compile problem (searched archives already)

Gehna Seth gehnaseth at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 21:02:10 EST 2009

Hi,

I am trying to compile vtk with qt examples from the vtk examples folder.
This is what I get.

 CMake was unable to find desired QT version: 4. Set advanced values
QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE and QT4_QGLOBAL_FILE.

 CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY
2.4

 CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE

 CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX
/usr/local

 DESIRED_QT_VERSION
4

 EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH

 LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH

 QT_MKSPECS_DIR                   /usr/share/qt4/mkspecs

 QT_PLUGINS_DIR
/usr/lib/qt4/plugins

 QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE
/usr/bin/qmake-qt4

 QT_X11_X11_LIBRARY
/usr/lib/libX11.so

 QT_X11_Xext_LIBRARY
/usr/lib/libXext.so

 QT_X11_m_LIBRARY
/usr/lib/libm.so

 VTK_DIR                          /usr/local/sbin/../lib/vtk-5.0

What I actually want to do is have a qt interface with buttons such as
zoom(and other default vtk interactions), which when clicked, causes a
change in the opengl window where the vtk scene is displayed just like
pressing the + key would do or zooming with the mouse button would do on the
scene. Any suggestions.

Thanks,
Gehna