[vtkusers] Transparency Problem with wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor

Patrick Simon simon at mechbau.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Jan 15 09:06:56 EST 2009

Hi All.

I got new hardware in my computer lab with Intel graphics, and now I get
unwanted transparency with the wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor on surfaces
that should be solid. The problem only appears when I use the wx
Interactor. The normal vtk Interactor and the Tk Interactor don't seem
to have problems at all.

Does anyone have an idea on that one?

I've attached a screenshot of the wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py example
compared to the Tk example. The settings are the same, but you can
clearly see a strange output on the wx one.

I run vtk 5.0.3 with Python 2.5 on Ubuntu 8.04 machines.
The graphics card is:
Intel Corporation 82Q35 Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)

Best regards,
Patrick