[vtkusers] VTK + Qt + Intel C++ Compiler

Jim jiksed at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 17:54:44 EST 2009

Dear Dave and Mathieu:

  Thank you for your help. I don't quite understand what you said below. Here is what I did:

  1) Start Intel C++ IA-32 Command Prompt (v. 10.0.026)
  2) Change to the VTK source folder (v. 5.2) within the IC command prompt
  3) Run cmake .. (v. 2.6.2) from the IC command prompt. At the end, I saw "Configuring Done, Generating Done, Build files have been written to c:\vtk\vtk"

  I did not see any prompt "to pick a generator (select NMake Makefiles)" and for "Compiler Setup". Did I miss any step here? What to do next? I have VS 2005 installed.

  What is CMAKE_COMPILER_2005 in this statement "IF(CMAKE_COMPILER_2005)"? Do I need to replace it with my Intel compiler name or something else?

  What about vtk support for 64-bit Intel C++? Ultimately I will use the VTK with Qt which seems a supported combination. Are there any more hurdles to go thru if want Qt, IC and VTK all in 64-bit?

  Thank you.
  Jim

Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com> wrote:
  Oh ok. So you could maybe fix
VTK/CMake/vtkDetermineCompilerFlags.cmake to accomodate for intel
compiler:

IF(CMAKE_COMPILER_2005)
ADD_DEFINITIONS(-D_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE -D_CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE)
ADD_DEFINITIONS(-D_SCL_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE)
ENDIF(CMAKE_COMPILER_2005)

This should get you rid of tons of warnings.

Thanks,

--
Mathieu