[vtkusers] Dolly Event for vtkInteractorTrackballCamera

Kerry Loux louxkr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 21:46:31 EST 2009

Hello,

I have an interactor derived from vtkInteractorTrackballCamera.  I am
interested in changing the dolly behavior so that instead of moving the
camera some fraction of the distance to the focal point, the camera is moved
a constant distance with every call to Dolly().  As a test, I copied the
Dolly(double) function from vtkInteractorTrackballCamera to my derived class
as the Dolly(void) and replaced "factor" with 10.0.  This did not change the
behavior.  I also tried changing the call to the camera's Dolly() function
to camera->Dolly(10.0) and camera(camera->GetDistance() * 10.0) with no
avail.  Am I going to have to create my own subclass of vtkCamera?  It seems
that there has to be an easier way.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kerry