[vtkusers] Three problems about using VTK for vtkDelaunay2D

lab_zj lab_zj at 163.com
Mon Jan 12 21:45:40 EST 2009

Hello,all:
     How are you, I have three problems about using VTK:

1. I have a vtkDelaunay2D object and a non-closed 2D polyline, I want to project this polyline
   to vtkDelaunay2D to form a 3D polyline. How to do?
   For closed 2D polyline, I can using vtkCutter with a vtkImplicitSelectionLoop as cut function
   to get the cutted cross section, but vtkImplicitSelectionLoop does not support non-closed,
   So I can't do that for non-closed 2D polyline.

   This feature is very important for me, when we design highway, we often need to get many cross
   sections from vtkDelaunay2D using 2D polyline projection.

2. When using vtkCutter to cut through a vtkDelaunay2D, the output for vtkCutter is a vtkPolyData,
   actually, this output is a line set, it can be combined into several 3D polylines according to point
   IDs of each line cell. So, have any filters can perform this action? Because I want connect this type
   of output to a vtkXYPlotActor to get the cross section in real time.

3. I have a set of oblique-planes that connected each other, I want to use it to cut through a
    vtkDelaunay2D, How to do?
   Currently, I using a set of vtkPlanes to represent these oblique-planes, then using boolean
   intersection to form a vtkImplicitBoolean, then using it to vtkCutter, but vtkCutter no any output.
   I have checked my code, all imput data is corrected, and when only have an oblique-plane, the
   vtkCutter have output.

thanks

good luck

                                                                                                        Liang Aibin