[vtkusers] View dicom series in 3 different orientation

Sercani sercanimailgroups at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 12:32:51 EST 2009

Hi Stevannindya;

You can use vtkImageViewer2, or if you want to show all the slices in one
scene you can use vtkImagePlaneWidget... Here are some sample codes :

Sample for vtkImageViewer2:

http://devsample.org/index.php?option=com_content
<http://devsample.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=47&Itemid=27
> &task=view&id=47&Itemid=27

You can set the orientation by writing viewer->
SetSliceOrientationToXY();//for axial of course.

And you can set the slice number by writing
viewer->SetSliceNumber(slicenumber);

Sample for vtkImagePlaneWidget:

http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/Examples/GUI/Tcl/Im
agePlaneWidget.tcl?root=VTK
<http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/Examples/GUI/Tcl/I
magePlaneWidget.tcl?root=VTK&content-type=text/plain>
&content-type=text/plain

vtkImageViewer2 is the easy way the create MPR planes, the example you gave
is a little harder way.If you look carefully you can see the axial and
coronal element matrices starting from 161. line in
VTK/Examples/ImageProcessing/Cxx/ImageSlicing.cxx .You must use these
matrices just like sagittalElements matrix(usage is at line 187)for creating
other views.You can change the slice number by changing deltaY at line 97.

May the force be with you.

Sercani...