[vtkusers] Symposium "Image Processing and Visualization in Solid Mechanics Processes" within the ESMC2009 Conference - Announce & Call for Papers

João Manuel R. S. Tavares tavares at fe.up.pt
Thu Jan 8 13:43:42 EST 2009

--------------------------
(Apologies for cross-posting)

Symposium on “Image Processing and Visualization in Solid Mechanics
Processes”
7th EUROMECH Solid Mechanics Conference (ESMC2009)
Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisbon, PORTUGAL, September 7-11, 2009
http://www.dem.ist.utl.pt/esmc2009/

(We would appreciate if you could distribute this information by your
colleagues and co-workers.)

--------------------------

Dear Colleague,

Within the 7th EUROMECH Solid Mechanics Conference (ESMC2009), to be held in
Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisbon, Portugal, September 7-11, 2009, we are
organizing the Symposium “Image Processing and Visualization in Solid
Mechanics Processes”.
Examples of some topics that will be considered are: Image Analysis; Image
Restoration, Compression, Segmentation and Description; Object Tracking,
Matching, Recognition, and Reconstruction; Visual Inspection; 3D Vision;
Medical Imaging; Data Processing, Modeling and Analysis; Scientific
Visualization; Enhanced Visualization; Human Computer Interaction; Virtual
Reality; Simulation and Animation; Software Development for Image Processing
and Visualization; Grid Computing in Image Processing and Visualization;
Applications of Image Processing and Visualization.
Due to your research activities in those fields, we would like to invite you
to submit your work and participate in the Symposium “Image Processing and
Visualization in Solid Mechanics Processes”.

For instructions and submission, please access to the conference website at:
http://www.dem.ist.utl.pt/esmc2009/
Please note that, when submitting your work, you should select the Symposium
MS-08 – “Image Processing and Visualization in Solid Mechanics Processes”.

Important dates:

- Abstract submission: January 31, 2009;
- Notification of acceptance: March 15, 2009;
- Conference Events: September 7-11, 2009.

Kind regards,

João Manuel R. S. Tavares (University of Porto, Portugal, tavares at fe.up.pt)
Michel A. Audette (Kitware, USA, michel.audette at kitware.com)
(Symposium organizers)