[vtkusers] Rendering short data

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 08:19:16 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 1:58 PM, Rolf Anders Syvertsen
<Rolf.Anders.Syvertsen at rikshospitalet.no> wrote:
> Hi, I have a series of 16 bit data that I would like to make a volume from.
> How do I load the data into vtk and render them? Tried to use the
> vtkImageImporter but can't find out how to make it work. The ReadImage
> function in vtkVolume16Reader is protected, so I can't use that directly.
>
> Does anyone have a simple example of how to load and render the volume from
> this?

Are you reading from memory or from a file ? If reading from a file:
lookup doxygen for vtkImageReader. Otherwise an example can be found
in the following test:

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkImageImport.html
[scroll down to test section]
-> http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/Imaging/Testing/Cxx/ImportExport.cxx?root=VTK&content-type=text/plain