[vtkusers] QVTKWidget with vtkImageViewer2 glitch

J.S.Wijnhout at lumc.nl J.S.Wijnhout at lumc.nl
Fri Feb 27 07:41:30 EST 2009

Thank for the pointer. Since setting the size of the image viewer is apparently the problem I created a custom QVTKWidget that embeds an vtkImageViewer2. The
implementation is basically:

ImageViewerWidget::ImageViewerWidget(QWidget *_parent) : QVTKWidget(_parent)
{
    m_imageViewer = vtkImageViewer2::New ();
}

void ImageViewerWidget::SetInput ( vtkImageData *_image )
{
    m_imageViewer->SetInput ( _image );
    m_imageViewer->SetupInteractor(GetInteractor());
    m_imageViewer->SetRenderWindow(GetRenderWindow());
    m_imageViewer->UpdateDisplayExtent ();
}

void ImageViewerWidget::resizeEvent ( QResizeEvent * event )
{
    QVTKWidget::resizeEvent(event);
    m_imageViewer->SetSize(width(),height());
    m_imageViewer->SetPosition(x(),y());
    m_imageViewer->UpdateDisplayExtent ();
}

void ImageViewerWidget::showEvent ( QShowEvent * event )
{
    QVTKWidget::showEvent(event);
    m_imageViewer->SetSize(width(),height());
    m_imageViewer->SetPosition(x(),y());
    m_imageViewer->UpdateDisplayExtent ();
}

This gets rid of the problems I mentioned, because the size is set explicitly on a show and resize event.

However, there is a new problem that occurs only when there are multiple QVTKWidgets around. Upon starting the application (I have four QVTKWidgets in a grid layout), a random number of widgets actually show up (sometimes all four, but usually only two or three). After, seemingly, an arbitrary number of resize actions one or more QVTKWidgets become defunctional (it stops resizing and does not respond to input any more). When you click on a defunctional QVTKWidget, the whole desktop screen flickers once. It almost seems as if there can be only on QVTKWidget because the first QVTKWidget that is initialized always remains working.

best,
Jeroen

--
Leiden University Medical Center