[vtkusers] Creating a 3D model of a pencil (cylinder) using stored data

vinay l. vinay.l at iiitb.ac.in
Thu Feb 26 00:10:13 EST 2009

Hi all,

I am trying to create a 3D model of a Pencil. The pencil has been photographed when it is rotating and stored in a standard image format. There are 360 images in total, which covers the entire 360 degrees of the pencil. How do i make a visualization of this? I have a camera which can be programmed to take images and store it in any format necessary. If taking photographs is not the right approach, is there any other way of visualizing the pencil? Is it possible to use the cylinderSource class and create a cylinder and then 'paint' the surface of the cylinder with the data of the pencil that i have obtained through the camera? I am using VTK 5.2 and the tcl wrapper.

A quick reply will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Vinay L