[vtkusers] vtkQtChart?

Jeff Baumes jeff.baumes at kitware.com
Mon Feb 23 10:20:20 EST 2009

> Has anyone successfully used the vtkQtChart stuff?

The charting library is relatively new, and the problems you're having
may be because the installation code does not work properly. Please
file a bug, including your system info and version of VTK you are
using.

> Any insight in regards to this or the vtkQtChart
> stuff in general?  I haven't seen hardly any examples or HOW-TOs dealing
> with this.

The tests are the best place to look for now. The charting code in
GUISupport\Qt\Charts is a pure-Qt library that can accept Qt item
models (QAbstractItemModel subclasses) in order to view charts. There
are some helper classes in the QVTK library (in GUISupport\Qt) that
help adapt the VTK structure vtkTable to be displayed in the charts.
As a disclaimer, the API for these charting classes are just starting
to settle down, so you may see some minor changes over the next few
months.

Jeff