[vtkusers] vtkFLTK building problems

Alberto Orlandini alberto.email at tiscali.it
Mon Feb 23 04:40:06 EST 2009

Hello,
Im' trying to build vtkFLTK on Windows with Visual studio 9
2008, I used the latest versions of the src
vtkFLTK-0.6.1
vtk-5.2.1
fltk-1.1.9
with cmake I generated the 3 solutions for VS9, I managed to
build vtk and fltk with 0 errors, but when I tried to build
vtkFLTK first I got an error here about the warning
directive not recognized

#    if (VTK_MAJOR_VERSION==3)
#      warning "vtkFLTK version requires VTK version >= 4.1.0."
#    elif (VTK_MAJOR_VERSION==4)
#      if (VTK_MINOR_VERSION==0)
#        warning "vtkFLTK version requires VTK version >=
4.1.0."
#      endif
#    else
#      warning "vtkFLTK version not intended for use with
this VTK version."
#    endif /* VTK Version */
#  endif /* __cplusplus */

Then I commented the directive and got lots of other errors...

So I was wondering... How can I have a working build of vtkFLTK?

I could change the version of Visual Studio if necessary but
I could not find vtk4 source anywhere... and anyway the site
says >=4.1 so it should work with vtk5

Thank you

Alberto