[vtkusers] Use Mesh Subdivision on VTP files

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 10:51:55 EST 2009

I have a polydata with a bunch of vtkTriangles. I want to smooth the mesh,
so in paraview I tried the subdivide filter, but it produces absolutely
ridiculous triangles. So I thought this meant the connectivity information
was wrong? So I tried the TriangleStrips filter and then the subdivide
filter, but now the subdivide filter complains that there are no triangles.
I tried triangulate and then subdivide and I get the same mess as in the
first case.

In all cases, the LoopSubdivision filter simply crashes. There is clearly
still something wrong with my understanding of these file formats and which
filters can be used on which types of files. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Thanks,

David