[vtkusers] C++ example issues

Jim jiksed at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 17:20:08 EST 2009

I built vtk 5.2.1 and c++ examples in VS2008 from the source. I ran Examples\DataManipulation\Cxx\Arrays.exe from both Command Prompt and by double-clicking it from Windows Explorer. Arrays.exe was executed without any error but I did not see any RenderWindow popping up. However, Arrays.tcl runs great and shows a beautiful color square. As a side note, I have vtk5.0.2 built with Borland C++ 2006 on the same computer.

I had a static build of vtk, but I noticed that all examples are set to dynamic build (/MD). When I changed it to /MT, I got tons of errors all similar to this:

MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR90.dll) : error LNK2005: _getenv already defined in LIBCMT.lib(getenv.obj)

Someone please help out. Thank you.