[vtkusers] Wrong way of handing a time-dependent dataset? Memory leaks...

Alessandro A. Bellina bellina at illinois.edu
Tue Feb 17 11:27:45 EST 2009

I am using gcc 4.3.1, and XCode 3.1.

I don't have a CXXFLAGS defined.

The build directory is clean to start with.

If I may add, I think that the problem is at the configure stage.
Starting with a clean directory I try to run ccmake ../VTK and I get:

CMake Error: An attempt was made to access a variable: CMAKE_SIZEOF_INT that h
 as not been defined. Some variables were always defined by CMake in versions p
 rior to 1.6. To fix this you might need to set the cache value of CMAKE_BACKWA
 RDS_COMPATIBILITY to 1.4 or less. If you are writing a CMakeList file, (or hav
 e already set CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATABILITY to 1.4 or less) then you probably
 to include a CMake module to test for the feature this variable defines.

 CMake Error at /Applications/CMake 2.6-2.app/Contents/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/
 TestBigEndian.cmake:31 (MESSAGE):
   no suitable type found
 Call Stack (most recent call first):
   CMake/CMakeBackwardCompatibilityC.cmake:31 (TEST_BIG_ENDIAN)
   CMakeLists.txt:365 (INCLUDE)

Setting that variable with -D ... just causes more problems.

Thanks,
Alessandro

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 10:17 AM, Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com> wrote:
> On 2/17/09 9:37 AM, Alessandro A. Bellina said:
>
>>OK, nothing truly jumps out at me so I am posting the whole message.
>>Could it be something wrong with the CMake I have installed?
>
> BTW, did you ever say which version of Mac OS X and which version of
> Xcode you are using?  What does 'gcc --version' report?
>
> --

Alessandro A. Bellina

Graduate Student
Bioacoustics Research Laboratory