[vtkusers] HOWTO: pick points on 2D Plane & show points?

Tue Feb 17 09:11:28 EST 2009

That helps a lot. Sometimes just a pointer into the ocean of VTK
classes can save you a lot of time.

I was actually considering just hacking vtkContourWidget into my own
version -- make a degenerate representation with just one point, trim
out the spline curve calculation and display.  The rest of the event
handling and representation are fine.

Though the Seed Widget sounds like a more straightforward solution.