[vtkusers] Change the color of a polydata

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Fri Feb 13 14:00:47 EST 2009

VTK can color things in a variety of ways, by default it tries to
color things to show data values associated with each point or cell.

   vtkActor->GetMapper() returns a vtkMapper

vtkMapper has a rich set of controls over exactly which and how values
are converted to colors through the Mapper's lookup table.

Alternatively, if you call

  vtkMapper->SetScalarVisibilityOff()

the values and lookuptable are ignored. Then you use:

  vtkActor->GetProperty() to get a vtkProperty()

and then call

  vtkProperty()->SetColor(R,G,B)

to set the color of the entire object.