[vtkusers] Odd behavior in vtkStreamTracer?

Bridgman, William T. William.T.Bridgman at nasa.gov
Fri Feb 13 11:31:52 EST 2009

I wish I could isolate the problem for reliable reproduction.  As it
is, it appears to affect only some of the lines I generate and the
criteria I have found are not 100% reliable.

One thing that seems to reduce the problem is if I reduce the maximum
number of steps allowed.  I was using 2500 but the problem is
significantly reduced when I limit to 1300.  I'll probably try
dropping it below 1000 to see if that helps also.

Could there be a hard limit on the maximum number of points in
vtkStreamTracer?  I tried examining some of the vtk code but don't see
an obvious connection.

Tom