[vtkusers] Where Do I Put c++ Examples?

Arturo Caissut arturo_caissut at tiscali.it
Tue Feb 10 03:28:10 EST 2009

Hi David,

I think you should talk about your examples to the members of the vtk
developers mailing list: maybe this would lead to an inclusion of your
code into vtk package as a "power up" for the already existing Examples
section. By the way, I think this wouldn't resolve beginners' problem in
finding (and using) them... It's not an easy problem to handle, I think:
my first answer would be "Create your own vtk examples website", but
this would not represent a good interaction with vtk community in my
thought, also because as an user pointed in a mail some days ago there's
already a problem with vtk website, that is not the first page showed
when one searches for vtk classes on the Internet (another vtk related
big size website would make this even better, wouldn't it?).

Maybe the better way would be to ask for the inclusion of your code on
the package, and to suggest developers to make clearer to find Examples
on vtk directory tree.

Regards,
Arturo