[vtkusers] vtkDataSetWriter problem

Daniele Giunchi d.giunchi at scsolutions.it
Mon Feb 9 11:43:50 EST 2009

Hi All,
I've a problem with a test I performed with vtkDataSetWriter. I create a
class that have two APIs for read or write as binary input string a
vtkDataset (I use vtkDataSetReader and Writer inside it), and I made a
first  test in which I call this class, and set the input in order to return
me the string.
The problem is that if I create an instance of vtkDataSetWriter inside my
class, it returns me an error :

vtkErrorMacro("Input for connection index " << index
                    << " on input port index " << port
                    << " for algorithm " << this->Algorithm->GetClassName()
                    << "(" << this->Algorithm << ") is NULL, but a "
                    << info->Get(vtkAlgorithm::INPUT_REQUIRED_DATA_TYPE(),
0)
                    << " is required.");

that is in vtkDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx
If the vtkDataSetWriter is created inside my test class, it's all ok. I
don't understand why there is a different behaviour.
I debug the code and I discover that the problem is here:

vtkObjectBase* vtkInformation::GetAsObjectBase(vtkInformationKey* key)

In this function, in the erroneous case the key array and values array are
different from the correct case, and also the hash index
is wrong I suppose, because in the correct case I've always the same entry
(10) that correspond to a polydata, while in the second
case I've 19, that doesn't correspond to anything.

The version I use is vtk 5.2.1.

Any advice?
Thank you very much
best regards,

Daniele

Dott. Daniele Giunchi
Software Developer
BioComputing Competence Centre
Super Computing Solutions s.r.l. , CINECA
Via Magnanelli 6/3, 40033 Casalecchio di Reno BO, Italy
http://tinyurl.com/z24zv
http://www.scsolutions.it
mailto:d.giunchi at scsolutions.it

The information transmitted is intended for the person or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than
the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please