[vtkusers] VTK + gtkmm + vtkmm (mac osX)

Justin Giles jtgiles at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 14:51:46 EST 2009

I'm new to VTK.  I've been working on an interface using the GTK/gtkmm
toolkit and have recently started trying to add a graphing element to it.  I
have installed VTK 5.3 and it compiles fine and the examples work fine.  In
an attempt to test adding a vtk view into my application, I installed
vtkmm.  Compiling all went fine.  However, when I run the application it seg
faults when trying to add in the renderer.  This happens in both the vtkmm
examples as well as my gtkmm application.  I realize that this could be due
to the merging of the gtk & vtk environments and not related to vtk at all,
but I'm just looking for a little direction.

See gdb output below:

Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
Reason: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at address: 0x79546587
0x91019688 in objc_msgSend ()
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x91019688 in objc_msgSend ()
#1  0x931e3306 in CFRetain ()
#2  0x931b2a54 in CFDictionarySetValue ()
#3  0x92b32efe in -[NSCFDictionary setObject:forKey:] ()
#4  0x01fb86b8 in vtkCocoaRenderWindow::SetWindowId ()
#5  0x0023fab6 in Gtk::Vtk::RenderingArea::on_realize (this=0xbfffeb80) at
renderingarea.cc:34
#6  0x023243d2 in Gtk::Widget_Class::realize_callback ()

Thanks for any and all help!

Justin