[vtkusers] vtkMFC as .dll vs static library

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Thu Feb 5 11:49:32 EST 2009

I have gotten that error before when I was trying to link libraries
that were not the same from a "Threading" perspective, ie, one library
was linked as a single threaded library to the single threaded c/c++
runtime while the another library was linked to a MultiThreaded c/c++
runtime.

   You must ensure _every_ library that you use are all built the
_exact_ same way with respect to the following:
  MultiThreaded/Single Threaded
  C/C++ Static/Dynamic Link

Check your settings carefully. That one is tough to track down
sometimes.

I think VS2003.Net was single threaded by default where VS2008 may be
multi-threaded by default.

HTH
Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net