[vtkusers] Call for contributions ISAGA2009 - International Simulation and Gaming Conference

Lim, Theodore T.Lim at hw.ac.uk
Thu Feb 5 07:47:28 EST 2009

Dear colleagues,

Apologies for cross posting...

I would like to draw your attention to the a very special conference - the 40th Anniversary and 1st S.E.Asian Conference of ISAGA (http://www.isaga2009.ssagsg.org/index.html), in Singapore, on the theme of Learn to game, Game to learn. The conference comprises several tracks, one of which is "Engineering" (http://www.isaga2009.ssagsg.org/tracknotes.html#Engineering).

For those who have implement VTK with game/physics engines and/or VR, haptics, etc. to teach, create engineering applications, visualise and simulate engineering processes, use game methodoliges in engineering processes, etc, we hope that you would consider showcasing your work at this conference.

Submissions are welcomed, but not limited to the following areas: gaming and simulation methodologies for engineering applications, the application and evaluation of virtual environments which engage participants in engineering problem solving, gaming-engineering diversity awareness, behavioural pattern recognition in engineering and gaming, machine learning, cognitive engineering in product design, analysis and manufacturing.

A full description is available here:

http://www.isaga2009.ssagsg.org/download/TrackEngineering_Desc.pdf <http://www.isaga2009.ssagsg.org/download/TrackEngineering_Desc.pdf>

The deadline is tight but we hope that you will consider submitting a paper to this conference. Here are the important deadlines:

01 March 2009: 400 word proposal submission.

01 April 2009:    Notification about acceptance of proposals.

25 April 2009:    Last day for early bird registration.

01 June 2009:   Final submission of 4000 word paper.

The session types and submission details are listed here; http://www.isaga2009.ssagsg.org/sessionsprog.html.

For final paper submission, please use the paper template which can be downloaded here:

http://www.isaga2009.ssagsg.org/registration.html

Please send this onto anyone else whom you think may be interested in coming along and submitting a paper. Unfortunately, we are only able to publish your work if you can present, or have a representative present your work.

Many thanks in advance for your time and patience in reading through this e-mail and we look forward to meeting you in Singapore in June/July.

Best wishes,

Theo Lim (Engineering Track Chair)

registered under charity number SC000278.