[vtkusers] Hello Everybody

Philip Spitzlinger p.spitzlinger at synedra.com
Thu Feb 5 07:08:35 EST 2009

Hello everybody,

I am using the vtkImageReslice class to generated slice images out of a
volume.
Everything works pretty well so far.
The only extension that our customer would like to see is that the
rotation point ( the reslice axes origin ) is centered in the resulting
image.

My guess is that I will have to set up the OutputOrigin correctly to get
this right.
So far I am using the following step to create the slices.

reslice->SetResliceAxesOrigin( x, y, z );
reslice->SetResliceAxesDirectionCosine( x1, x2, x3, y1, y2, y3, z1, z2,
z3 );
reslice->SetOutputDimensionality( 2 );
vtkImageData* image = reslice->GetOutput();
image->Update();

How can I now have the ResliceAxesOrigin centered within the output image?

Can anybody please help me or give me a hint?

Thx in advance
    Philip