[vtkusers] Plotting raster data with colormap

Nicholas Kinar n.kinar at usask.ca
Wed Feb 4 13:25:07 EST 2009

Hello--

I am wondering if it would be possible to plot raster data using VTK in
a similar fashion to the Matlab imagesc(X) function.  Essentially what I
have is a (m x n) matrix of doubles, and I would like to display this
matrix as a 2D plot with a colormap.  The colormap intensity would
correspond to the scaled double values.  Would it be possible to set
this up in the form of an animation, i.e. code that continues to update
and display the plot on the screen?

Does anyone have some sample code in C/C++?  Which functions would I use
in VTK to create such a plot?

Nicholas