[vtkusers] Some things cannot be saved as VTP?

Bryn Lloyd blloyd at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Wed Feb 4 11:11:56 EST 2009

You could write your own tool in C++ or python. The main part (in
python) is:

#!/usr/bin/env python

import os,sys,string

from libvtkCommonPython import *
from libvtkRenderingPython import *
from libvtkGraphicsPython import *
from libvtkIOPython import *
from libvtkFilteringPython import *
from libvtkWidgetsPython import *
from libvtkImagingPython import *

reader = vtkPolyDataReader()
reader.SetFileName(fname)

fillholes = vtkFillHolesFilter()
fillholes.SetInputConnection(reader.GetOutputPort())
fillholes.SetHoleSize(1.e6)

writer = vtkPolyDataWriter()
writer.SetInputConnection(fillholes.GetOutputPort())
writer.SetFileName(output )
writer.Update()

You could, however, use the Python Programmable filter in Paraview.
Copy the vtkFillHolesFilter section (python code above) into the text
field ...

--Bryn