[vtkusers] VTK on Java with Netbeans

Denis Barbier bouzim at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 05:10:54 EST 2009

On 2009/2/3 Arturo Caissut wrote:
> Hi,
> is there anybody here experienced in using VTK with Netbeans IDE? I have to
> prepare some java based vtk program, but I cannot figure out how to make
> Netbeans use my VTK libraries.

In the Projects tab, right-click on your project, select Properties ->
Libraries ->
Add Library -> Create, name it VTK for instance, then Add JAR/Folder and
tell Netbeans where it can find your vtk.jar
Your project should now compile.

I do not know how to tell Netbeans where to load VTK dynamic libraries
at run-time;
on Linux, I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH before launching Netbeans.

Denis