[vtkusers] Partitioning Data

Terry Jordan Terry.Jordan at NETL.DOE.GOV
Wed Dec 30 08:45:20 EST 2009

I really don't care which filter I use.  All I want to do is break a mesh into 4 pieces.  Is there another filter I can use beside the distributed data filter to do this easily?

>>> "Berk Geveci" <berk.geveci at kitware.com> 12/29/2009 4:51 PM >>>
Oooooooo. Normally, you shouldn't have to run with MPI. Since you are
setting the start and the end piece on the writer, the writer should
stream 4 pieces. However, the distributed data filter is a parallel
filter that can't stream so yes, you will have to run with MPI if you
want to use the distributed data filter.

-berk