[vtkusers] VTK and Netbeans GUI builder

Gerrick Bivins gbivins at objectreservoir.com
Thu Dec 24 12:57:41 EST 2009

Sorry I don't have any tips but I thought I chime in with my experience with
this. I tried this a while back (when I was working with pure swing apps)
but I hadn't been able to get this to work. I spent a day on it an gave it
up (ran into lots of issues with native libs). I ended up just creating a
parent JPanel for the vtkCanvas and then adding the vtkCanvas to the JPanel
in the constructor method of the JPanel.  You won't be able to see the
vtkCanvas while laying out the design but you'll be able to see the where it
is relative to everything else.

I'd be interested in seeing how anyone else dealt with this.
Gerrick