[vtkusers] vtkDICOMImageReader -> vtkCutter -> vtkMarchingCubes

superzz jxdw_zlf at yahoo.com.cn
Wed Dec 23 08:52:30 EST 2009

Hello
Can I cut data read from vtkDICOMImageReader first, then using
vtkMarchingCubes to construct 3D?
I tried to set output of vtkCutter as input of vtkMarchingCubes. But got
this error "vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline (0DA92660): Input for
connection index 0 on input port index 0 for algorithm
vtkMarchingCubes(05F62E70) is of type vtkPolyData, but a vtkImageData is
required."

The reason why I need to cut data first is, in my program, user may change
the iso threshold of part of object frequently. Only the selected part
should be recalculated once new iso is given. vtkMarchingCubes needs to run
as fast as possible.

Thanks

superZZ