[vtkusers] Need Help Compiling VTK on OS X With Python Wrappers and a Local Python Installation

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Tue Dec 22 13:27:20 EST 2009

Same here. I have no idea how to build Python such that it generates
.so libraries rather than .dylib. Even things like MacPorts, which are
very Unixy, generate dylibs. I know for sure that there is no way of
generating VTK libraries as .sos (Python modules on the other hand
have the .so extension).

-berk