[vtkusers] How to get two different 1D-arrays used as hue and the other as value in lut?

lynx.abraxas at freenet.de lynx.abraxas at freenet.de
Mon Dec 21 17:58:42 EST 2009

On 21/12/09 15:46:54, David Gobbi wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 3:22 PM,  <lynx.abraxas at freenet.de> wrote:
> >
> > OK. So now the more advanced stuff:
> > I have two different 1D-arrays (single scalar-arrays).
>  >  One   of  them  I  want  to  choose the hue of the lut and the other one
should
> > choose the value of a HSV-lookuptable.  Is  that  related  to  the  before
mentioned
>  >  "color   by   any  array  not just scalars"? Is that possible already or
would I
> > have to do that in blender?
> >
> > Thanks for any help, hints or examples;-)
> > Lynx
>
> I'm not 100% sure what you mean.  Do you just want to use one array
> for H, another array for V, and keep S constant?

Yes, that would be what I want (S:= 1).
But to make it even more complicated: The  array  for  H  would  be  for  face
colours  (from  cell  normals)  and the array for V for point colors (smoother
error).

> No you can't, unfortunately, because you have to choose just 1 array
>
> So it should be possible, but not easy.  It would actually be easier
> to write your own "for" loop that will take your H array and V array
> and create your own RGB color array.

Well, that would be what I'd prefer but how do  I  make  the  mapper  take  my
colours instead of using a lut? In all the members of vtkMapper there are some
members  with  color  in  their  name  but  none  that  looks   to   me   like
UseCellColor().  If  it  would be to use mapper.SetScalarModeToUseCellData() I
don't know how to replace the already existant cell data.

Any ideas on how to realize this?
Thanks for any help or hints.
Lynx