[vtkusers] CMake/VTK problems with MacOS on XSAN2

Florian Wilhelm Florian.Wilhelm at kit.edu
Mon Dec 21 05:32:37 EST 2009

Hello,

has anyone encountered problems with building VTK on MacOS X 10.6 on an
XSAN2 volume?
In my case I tried to configure VTK with python wrappers enabled on an
XSAN2 volume and run into following error message:

CMake Error in

/Network/Servers/MY_SERVER/Network/Servers/MY_SERVER/Network/Servers/MY_SERVER/Network/Servers/MY_SERVER/Volumes/gwvolume/groups/g1/local/lib/VTK/Common/CMakeLists.txt:
    Cannot find source file "vtkCommonPythonInit.cxx". Tried extensions
.c .C
    .c++ .cc .cpp .cxx .m .M .mm .h .hh .h++ .hm .hpp .hxx .in .txx

Doing the same in /usr/local/ worked just fine. It seems that cmake gets
confused if it is invoked on an XSAN2 volume because I have a lot of
following lines in my cmake cache:

CMAKE_RANLIB
/Network/Servers/SERVERNAME/Network/Servers/SERVERNAME/Network/Servers/SERVERNAME/twork/Servers/SERVERNAME/usr/bin/ranlib

Maybe anyone else has encountered this before and together we can help
the VTK/Cmake developers to resolve this problem.
The corresponding bugreport 10047 can be found here:

Best regards,

Florian Wilhelm

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Engineering Mathematics and Computing Lab (EMCL) &

Dipl.-Math. Florian Wilhelm
Research Associate

Fritz-Erler-Str. 23, Geb. 01.86
76133 Karlsruhe, Germany

Phone: +49 721 608-5848
Fax:   +49 721 608-4178
Email: Florian.Wilhelm at kit.edu
http://numhpc.math.kit.edu, http://www.emcl.kit.edu

KIT - University of the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg and