[vtkusers] vtkImageReslice question

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 09:53:41 EST 2009

Hi Andi,

A memory allocation error on a 10MB allocation sounds suspicious.  You
might have to dig deeper to see exactly why the call is failing,
because it probably isn't an actual "out of memory" problem.  If you
run inside a debugger, can you get a stack trace for when the "new"
call fails?

When I'm doing oblique slicing, I usually call UpdateWholeExtent() on
the filter before the reslice (in your case, this is the shiftscale).
This is necessary because, as you have seen, oblique slicing generates
large UpdateExtents that are always changing.  This won't help the
memory issue, but it will make your app run faster.

   David