[vtkusers] Is there a special filter to smooth out marching cube meshes?

lynx.abraxas at freenet.de lynx.abraxas at freenet.de
Thu Dec 17 10:43:24 EST 2009

On 16/12/09 09:20:59, David Doria wrote:
> Lynx,
>
> I get some strange results. I tried to smooth the default sphere from
> the sphere source
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_Examples_Windowed_Sinc_PolyData_Filter
>
> and the resulting mesh is a really small ellipsoid. Did you have any
> similar issues? If you have a nice example of a mesh that smooths
> properly, could you post the data set + code that generates it and/or
> screenshots of the input/output?

I  think  this might be because it's not a marching cube surface. I expect the
smoothing to be stronger for big cells then for small ones.
For the surface from the marching cubes output it looks fine to me if  I  take
the  default  setting and only specify 5 iterations. I'll try to get one of my
mc meshes extracted as example data.

Regards,
Lynx