[vtkusers] Not getting to use the vtkThreshold with a vtkRectilinearGrid

Adriano Gonçalves adriano at esss.com.br
Thu Dec 17 08:08:50 EST 2009

Hi, good afternoon for everybody!
I'm with a difficulty in using the vtkThreshold: I'm trying to kill, in
a vtkRectilinearGrid, all the cells with value lower than a specific
value. But, when I try to render the result, nothing appears. Can
anybody give me a help? This is  my code:

         thresh = vtk.vtkThreshold()
         thresh.SetInput(vtk_grid.GetDataSet()) *#
vtk_grid.GetDataSet()* returns me a vtkRectilinearGrid
         thresh.ThresholdByLower(0.5)* # The values of the cells are
from 0 to 1*

         gridMapper = vtk.vtkDataSetMapper()
         gridMapper.SetInputConnection(thresh.GetOutputPort())

         gridActor = vtk.vtkActor()
         gridActor.SetMapper(gridMapper)

         ren1 = vtk.vtkRenderer()
         ren1.AddActor(gridActor)