[vtkusers] Simple Graph Example compile problem

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 14:44:57 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 2:42 PM, Marcus D. Hanwell
<marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 December 2009 14:17:40 David Doria wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 2:12 PM, Aashish Chaudhary
>> <aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com> wrote:
>> > I just did grep on cvs log..
>> >
>> > found this..
>> >
>> > vevision 1.7
>> > date: 2009-04-03 12:38:37 -0400;  author: jeff;  state: Exp;  lines: +11
>> > -0;  commitid: Rtg2xKhOFRulGAIt;
>> > ENH: Adding convenience Render() method to vtkRenderView

>> Is there any way something can be added in the Doxygen so you can just
>> click on the function and it gives you information about when it was
>> added, which release version it first appeared in, etc?
>
> I think you are looking for the since Doxygen command,
>
> http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/commands.html#cmdsince
>
> It would be nice to have entries such as,
>
>  // \since version 5.6
>
> This does require developers to remember to enter this. May be new classes
> could also be marked in their main description so it is clear that
> vtkContext2D is new to 5.6 for example?
>
> Marcus
> --
> Marcus D. Hanwell, Ph.D.
> R&D Engineer, Kitware Inc.
> (518) 881-4937

Is there a timeline of the releases?
i.e. how would you convert this:

vevision 1.7
date: 2009-04-03 12:38:37 -0400;  author: jeff;  state: Exp;  lines:
+11 -0;  commitid: Rtg2xKhOFRulGAIt;
ENH: Adding convenience Render() method to vtkRenderView

into a release number?

Leon - to answer your original question - I haven't heard any
disagreement of that you are simply using a version of VTK where these
functions were not yet defined :(

Thanks,

David