[vtkusers] Qt, VTK and Mac OSX 10.6.1

Anja Ende anja.ende at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 16 06:56:19 EST 2009

Hello,

I am trying to get Qt version 4.5.2 working on a Macbook running OSX
version 10.6.1.

I am using the latest VTK version and actually tried various Qt 4
versions but they all fail with the following error:

/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qregion.h: In member
function ‘OpaqueRgnHandle* QRegion::handle(bool) const’:
/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qregion.h:158: error:
‘toQDRgn’ was not declared in this scope

I guess this error is really coming from Qt rather than VTK but I was
wondering if someone has experienced this here and have found some way
to work around it. Maybe I need to configure Qt in a special way to
get this working?

Any ideas what I could try? Would be very grateful for your help.

Cheers,

Anja