[vtkusers] vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera zoom stops zooming?

Wes Turner wes.turner at kitware.com
Tue Dec 15 13:51:44 EST 2009

David,

Then my *guess* is that you have actors/pieces of your single actor (some of
which may not be visible due to size, etc.) that span such a great distance
that the actor you are trying to zoom in on is at a far distance.  Some of
these may be single points.  The camera focal point is near where the zoom
function "stops" working.  You can either interrogate the actor you are
interested in and set the camera focal point to an appropriate location
within the actor extent, or you can clean up the scene to get rid of the
extraneous stuff that is forcing the camera to back out that far.

Have the camera and the actor do a self print and compare the camera focal
point to the actor bounds/center.

- Wes

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 1:44 PM, David Doria
<daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com<daviddoria%2Bvtk at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 1:39 PM, Wes Turner <wes.turner at kitware.com>
> wrote:
> > Did you try the ResetCamera() function?
> >
> http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkRenderer.html#aceb0cb3110edd6635df5cd99f971012d
> > If you are using an interactor, this is generally bound to the "r" key.
> > - Wes
>
> ResetCamera() (pressing r) puts the camera back at its original
> position (zoomed way out).
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ